#TTGSparked with Rebecca Evans

When your favorite hobby makes you a go-to internet destination on the subject, you KNOW you're passionate! Rebecca Evans (London, England), car-crazy BMW owner and gorgeous face behind the @QueenB_UK Instagram account spoke to #TTGSparked this week and she knows a thing or two about turning your passion into a lifestyle..

Tell us about when you decided to turn your obsession with cars into a niche topic on your Instagram.. When did you start?
I got my Instagram about 4 years ago. Originally it was because a couple of my friends had started to share pictures of their cars on there and I wanted to see what people thought of mine!  I really started to use the platform when I realized that you were easily able to see what people were building around the world and connecting with them. It all really took off when I built up my BMW, as at the time it was a rarely-seen modified car and people love a reworked classic. It just grew from there. People became interested in who I was, why I had the car, how I dressed and what I got up to. I never expected it to grow to what it has - what I was doing was just the norm to me. I now use it to push my YouTube channel and give people a little insight into the world of B!

What have been the highlights of your Social Media career so far?
There have been a couple of events of note that I have been so grateful for. I actually got approached by the agency who now represent me as a 'social influencer' (even though I hate that phrase!). Through them I have grown my audience to 50k over my Instagram and YouTube. I have been flown to Monaco to drive the (unreleased to the public at the time) BMW M2 press car - that was pretty -surreal! I also got to go to the Gumball 3000 meet and after-party in London. To be honest the best part of the journey has been meeting people that do great things and that I genuinely really respect.

What sets your Instagram apart from other social media users talking cars and auto? 
Good question, I guess it is because it encompasses not just the car but a lifestyle. The way I dress, the job I do etc. Although I hate to admit it, there is always the fact that I am a girl doing it well in a predominantly male field.

How has your job and what you've learned from being around the Social Media team at Push PR helped you to influence and grow your social media presence?
Having such an amazing in-house digital team at my day job has given me an insight in to the way social media influencers and brands work together. I have learnt about post schedules and how to capture quality content from what I get up to. They are also great because they don't laugh at me when I ask them to take a picture for the gram! They have been very supportive of what I am doing which is great. I guess having that insight as to how brands select which influencers that they want to work with is invaluable as I continue to grow and work with more companies.

How would you describe your personal style? Does London influence your style? (Apart from the weather obviously doing so!)
My personal style is a little eclectic, I love that whole Rizzo from Grease style – big sunglasses, big hoops and bright lips. I am a dedicated sneaker wearer but I like to switch it up sometimes. London gives me the perfect opportunity to get really dressed up and go all out – but has the ability to make you feel comfortable with whatever you put together that day. No style is looked at funny and people appreciate good style here.

What three things make for a great social media influencer? 
I think authenticity is the major key here. Always stick to what you are really doing, that's what people will be interested in. Don't try and be a 'people pleaser' as it's disingenuous. Also, working your angles! There ain't nothing wrong with knowing which is your best side – show people what you wore that day if it is cool because people like individuality. Finally, keep it real – yes the internet is powerful but it's what happens in real time in real life that has a longer lasting effect. It doesn't matter how many followers you have, be cool about it. Don't let it get to your head!

You can follow all of Rebecca's fun happenings over on her Instagram - @QueenB_UK

Popular Posts